The REX Pride program supports the 2SLGBTQ+ BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) youth, 12-24 y/o, in the Rexdale/North Etobicoke community.
Methods of Engagement
- QMAP(Queer Media Arts Program) is a youth peer program, which utilizes various forms of art as a means of expression and exploration of identity in a safe, healthy, and guided manner. We also develop creative projects based on the needs and interests of the youth, as well as partnership opportunities.
- Date & Time: Tuesdays from 5 pm – 7 pm
- Location: 222 Dixon Road, Unit 301
- To attend please register or contact the Coordinator
- Case management – one-to-one sessions with the youth to connect them to whatever information, supports, resources, and services they may require. We offer in-house services with clinical staff that ha been trained by Rainbow Health Ontario, as well as mental health supports. When we don’t have the capacity to support them, we connect them to our network of partners that can assist and support them in an inclusive, supportive and low barrier process. All referrals to resources, supports, and partners practice from an anti-oppressive framework.
- CEE (Community Engagement and Education)
a program that focuses on supporting, educating, and advocating. Through this program, we support the local community through a multitude of activities in the hopes to create more inclusive pockets in the community which, in turn, creates a ripple effect across the community. On the local level, we work with schools and organizations in the community through programming, advising, and training. We sit on various committees informing the City of the challenges and barriers faced by our marginalized community through intersectional, systemic barriers.
For more information about REX Pride, or to get involved please fill out the online form or contact:
Click Here to Register Or Contact: Terrence Rodriguez -Program and Specialized Supports Coordinator email: firstname.lastname@example.org