Rexdale Community Health Centre’s nutrition program utilizes a registered dietitian to provide one-on-one counseling and group education to people of all ages, who would like to manage chronic conditions, achieve lifestyle changes, and improve their overall health. Rexdale Community Health Center offers FREE Nutrition services, including counseling from our Registered Dietitian. At Rexdale CHC, Dietitians are valuable members of the healthcare team, working collaboratively with clients, caregivers, and other healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, and chiropodists. The nutrition counseling session is a one on one session to address any nutrition-related issues such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, osteoporosis, IBS, celiac, allergies, intolerances, nutrient deficiencies (e.g. Iron), weight management, and how to eat healthy during any stage of life including pregnancy, lactation, infant nutrition, preschoolers, schoolers, teenagers, adults and elderly. The Registered Dietitian works together with the client to individualize information, care plans, and programs to meet the unique needs of clients and communities. Nutrition counseling improves general eating behaviors associated with good health. Continuing monitoring with follow-up visits after the first visit depending on the unique client needs are also provided. During all the nutrition care process, the Dietitian helps clients:
- Reduce diet-related chronic diseases
- Improve the relationship with food
- Get the most out of your workouts
- Deal with a picky eater at home
- Determine if the use of the supplement is required
- Find out if a diet is right for you
- Navigate the grocery store
- How to find reliable nutrition information
- How to eat and enjoy as many foods as possible and how to live a longer healthier life
Nutrition Programs and workshops
Client Eligibility Criteria
All clients must be residents of the catchment area served by Rexdale CHC.
- Internal Referrals: active clients of Rexdale CHC services who are referred by their providers.
- External Referrals: clients referred by medical doctors and other health care professionals outside of Rexdale CHC.
- Self-Referred Patients: clients who need the service but are not referred by any health care providers.
Rexdale CHC Main Office
Dates & Times
- Monday & Wednesday9 a.m to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To book an appointment, please call 416-744-0066. Press 1 and 1. Our fax number is 416-744-1881.
Rexdale CHC 222 Dixon
Dates & Times
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday9 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
To book an appointment, please call 416-744-0066. press 1 and 2. Our fax number is 416-744-1451.
Rexdale CHC HUB
Dates & Times
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday9 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Thursday9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To book an appointment, please call 416-744-0066. Press 1 and 3. Our fax number is 647-288-0284.
To make an appointment, please call 416-744-0066, press 1, option 1.